Couchdrop Automate provides a simple and easy platform to automate your transactional file transfer requirements. This could be between two cloud storage providers, an SFTP server to your cloud storage platform, or you could leverage this to automate transfers to a third party's SFTP server from your cloud storage.
An example could be that you want to pull data from a third party's SFTP server to your SharePoint document library, or maybe you want to drop a file into a Dropbox folder and have that file automatically transferred to a remote SFTP platform.
- Step 1. Configure source platform (where files will be pulled from)
- Step 2. Configure destination/remote platform (where files will be copied to)
- Step 3. Configure Automation between
Step 1. Configure your source platform
This is where you will pull data or copy data from. This could be a cloud storage bucket or an SFTP server. A common use case seen by Couchdrop is where customers pull files from a remote SFTP server and copy the files into their SharePoint. Based on this use case we will configure an SFTP endpoint as the source.
- Navigate to Storage Connections under Administration
- Next Add Storage Connection (find guides here for connecting all platforms)
- Once you've configured your storage, simply Save Storage
Adding a new storage connector in Couchdrop
Configuring SFTP as a connection in Couchdrop
Step 2. Configure destination/remote platform
Basically follow the same steps as above, except this time connect the destination/remote platform that is receiving the files, in this case it will be a sub-folder in a SharePoint document library.
Configuring SharePoint as a connection in Couchdrop
Step 3. Configure automated file transfer
Now we will configure the automated file transfer process itself. Where we will copy all updated files every 15 minutes from the remote SFTP server to SharePoint.
- Navigate to the Automate dashboard and select Scheduled/Triggered Workflows
- Next Add a new workflow
- Configure the name of the workflow, timing, the source directory and set the action to be copy/duplicate and specify the destination (see the below screenshot for an example
- Finally Save Schedule then at the workflows dashboard, Enable Schedule
Every 15 minutes Couchdrop will pull all new files from the remote SFTP server and copy them to a SharePoint site
Enabling the recently created schedule
You will now find that every 15 minutes (based on this example) all new or updated files will be pulled from the SFTP server and copied to the document library within SharePoint.
- Getting started with Couchdrop SFTP
- Web portal custom branding
- Restricting users to specific folders and directories
- Redirecting storage root directory
- Sharing files, folders and directories
- Secure upload portal