See below on how to turn your Google Shared Drive into an SFTP server using Couchdrop.
Link Google Workspace to Couchdrop
To link your Google Workspace to Couchdrop, first login to Couchdrop by visiting https://my.couchdrop.io.
Once logged in, click storage on the navigation menu.
Click Connect Storage and select Google Workspace Domain from the dropdown
You will need the following information.
|Path||Optional - This is the mount path for where this bucket will sit within your Couchdrop virtual file system. If left blank, it will become the root directory.|
Optional - Use this if you need to access a sub path/folder within your storage and have this set as your 'root' location within your storage bucket.
Once you have saved the storage, click browse storage and navigate to your desired sub path.
|Admin User and Domain||Provide your Google Workspace admin email address (or one created purely for Couchdrop) and below provide the domain of the organisation (i.e. bigbank.com)|
|Create Service Account||Once you click Create Service Account copy the Client ID that is created. You will need this when delegating access via Google's admin portal.|
Configuring Domain Wide Delegation
- In a new tab, go to your Google Workspace domain's Admin console.
- Select Security from the list of controls. If you don't see Security listed, select More controls from the gray bar at the bottom of the page, then select Security from the list of controls. If you can't see the controls, make sure you're signed in as an administrator for the domain.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click API controls from the list of options.
- Select Manage Domain Wide Delegation in the Domain wide delegation section at the bottom.
- Click Add New.
- In the Client ID field enter the Client ID that was created when you created a service account within Couchdrop.
- In the One or More API Scopes field copy and paste: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive,https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive.file, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.security
- Click Authorize.
Once domain wide delegation is configured, navigate back to your Couchdrop tab, click Save. You can begin transferring files to and from Google Drive with Couchdrop.
|SFTP Credentials||Couchdrop credentials|
Click below to go to Couchdrop and Get Started
For further assistance, please email email@example.com