A Backend Team Migration through MoveBot is the simplest and quickest way to move a team or organization from one cloud provider to another, for example migrating Google Drive to Box.
Backend Migrations require a .csv file mapping the source and destination username, often email, for those who are being migrated. The backend method then does all the work for you and prevents the need of users getting involved.
One of the benefits using MoveBot to migrate from Google Drive is that MoveBot will automatically convert Google proprietary file types into more standard file types such as .gdoc to .docx.
The team at MoveBot highly recommend migrating data at a time when the data won't be edited, deleted or heavily modified as this could cause failures during the migration.
Create .CSV File
Create a .CSV file mapping the users source and destination username, often this is an email address. The format should have source and destination as the headers of the first and second column respectively and then the usernames underneath.
For this scenario, we are moving from Google Drive to Box, for this an email address is required for both providers to identify the user.
1. Navigate to your MoveBot Migration Manager
2. Create Team Migration
3. Provide the Migration a Name and Select Backend Automated Migration
4. Select your Source
For your Google Drive Domain you need to enable access for MoveBot. Follow this guide to find out how, you will need the Client ID and the Scopes provided to you by MoveBot.
5. Select your Destination
For Box, simply log in with your Box Admin account via OAuth
6. Drag and Drop your .CSV file you created earlier - you can always add more user mappings later if you require
7. You will be taken to your MoveBot Migration Dashboard from here you can see the status of the migration as do the following actions:
- Start All Migrations
- Add More Mappings via the .CSV
- Edit Source provider
- Edit Destination provider
You can also get logs on each Migration by clicking the ellipse and select logs. If you would like to start or pause a migration then you can click on each migration mapping individually and start/pause as you need to.
Start your Migration
1. Start All your migrations, grab a coffee and leave the work to MoveBot!
If you need any assistance or have any questions, please send through an email to email@example.com - the team is more than happy to help.