User Driven's is the most widely supported way to migrate teams and organizations from one cloud storage provider to another cloud.
User Driven organizations requires a link be provided to those who are being migrated. The User Driven method requires each individual to log into their source and destination storage where you can then start all migrations at once.
The team at MoveBot highly recommend migrating data at a time when the data won't be edited, deleted or heavily modified as this could cause failures during the migration.
- Configure Migration with MoveBot
- Provide Link to Users
- User Migration Connector Wizard
- Start the Migration
Configure Migration with MoveBot
1. Navigate to your MoveBot Migration Manager
2. Create Team Migration
3. Provide the Migration a Name and Select User Driven Portal Migration
4. Select your Source
5. Select your Destination
6. You will now be taken to your Migration Dashboard,
Provide Link to Users
1. Copy the link and provide this to all who need to migrate, they will be taken through a wizard to connect their storage
User Migration Connector Wizard
You should have received a URL from someone you know to help with migrating your data from your current storage provider, to your new cloud. Follow the instructions below to connect your storage for the migration.
1. Open the link you have been provided in a web browser, it should look something like https://helpyourself.movebot.io/helpyouself/f7e37102-54db-4d6d-a00b-85d821a04ced
2. You will be greeted by MoveBot, Click Start Configuration
3. On this page you will connect your storage as directed. It won't need much, just a case of you logging in and allowing MoveBot access to your storage.
An example of providing access - don't be alarmed if it says Couchdrop. Simply click Allow or Grant Access depending on the pop-up.
3. Thanks that's it! You are good to go for your migration. Let your Team Lead or Administrator know this has been done.
Start the Migration
Once everyone has gone through the above Wizard you can now start the migration
1. Navigate back to your Team Migration Dashboard
2. You should now see a list of everyone who has gone through the connector wizard
3. From here, all you need to do is Start All and leave it to MoveBot
Note You can also click into each users migration and start the job individually, also view logs etc, from using the ellipse on the right hand side.
If you need any assistance or have any questions, please send through an email to firstname.lastname@example.org - the team is more than happy to help.