Deciding to move your data to Google Drive? See below on how to move from OneDrive, Dropbox or Box to Google Drive.
1. Navigate to admin.movebot.io and select Create Job
2. Select your Source provider to be where you are moving your data from:
3. Select your Destination cloud provider from the dropdown provided, in this case, it would be Google Drive.
4. Click Connect Now, you will need to log into your Google Drive account and approve permissions via the OAuth process.
5. Select Next
6. You can now configure the settings:
- Name - you can set a name for the migration, by default it will use the storage providers
- Email Notifications - you can enable email notifications for completed and failed jobs
- Delta Enabled - for backups and replication, this will only move across files that have been modified since the last job was run (partial update)
- Scheduled - you can have the job run automatically either once (migration) at a set time or continuous (backup and replication)
- Worker Nodes - this is a neat feature which improves the performance of a job. You can add extra worker nodes that can increase the speed. However, some cloud providers also have daily limits and rate limiting and adding extra nodes can increase the error rate.
- Advanced Options - We recommend leaving these as the default
- Automatic Sanitization - Some providers such as OneDrive don't allow certain characters in file names, we will make amendments so that all your files make it across.
- Automatic Doctype Conversion - Google file types such as .gdoc, .gsheet and .gslide aren't readable from other providers, we will automagically convert the files to .docx, .xlsx and .pptx during the migration.
- Automatic Duplicate Filename Sanitization - Google Drive allows multiple files and folders with the same name, with this enabled and if there are two or more files with the same name, we only move the most recently updated file.
- Worker Threads - We highly recommend not touching this unless you know what you are doing. This is set to the best for your cloud provider by default.
7. Save and Kickoff - your job will now start to run, it happens in the following stages:
- Calculating - Movebot is first calculating how many files and folders you have, as well doing a discovery on the structure of your storage.
- Transferring - Movebot is now transferring the files across to your new storage endpoint.
- Finished - Your move job has now completed and you can see a report on how it went.
Click below to go back to MoveBot and Get Started
Should you have any issues or questions, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com