Since 3CX’s 16 Update 4 Alpha SFTP has been available for secure backups. The downside to SFTP is that it is often limited to be a local file server that is not resilient, scalable and is costly.
Configuring 3CX to backup to the likes of OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, AWS S3, Wasabi, etc. is a simple task that takes less than two minutes.
Configure your cloud storage endpoint.
- Register an account with Couchdrop
- Once registered with Couchdrop, navigate to Couchdrop Portal to set up your storage endpoint.
- Setup your cloud storage endpoint — see here for how to configure your desired provider, the example below is for Dropbox
For 3CX , disable Async uploads
- Navigate to Couchdrop settings
- Unselect Async SFTP uploads
- Save Settings
Set up your SFTP backup within 3CX.
Set the parameters to be:
- SFTP — SSH File Transfer
- Couchdrop username
- Couchdrop password or your RSA Key for authentication
You now have a secure, easy way to backup your 3CX to the cloud!