Couchdrop supports multiple users with separate permissions and access keys. This provides a greater level of security with Couchdrop and can help facilitate read and write only accounts that can be shared without compromising security.
Additional accounts can be customised to only allow access to certain directories and storage providers and given either read, write or read/write access. Accounts have a randomly generated username and password which can be set by an administrator, and can use RSA public keys.
User accounts are used for the following:
- SFTP, FTP, FTPS, SCP, Rsync
- Secure Web Upload Portal
- Additional Couchdrop administrators
Creating an Additional Account
From the dashboard, navigate to Admin then User Accounts. You can then Add User to create a new user.
You will now be provided a new screen where you can configure the following:
- Username (on selected plans)
- RSA key
- Access permissions (read only/read write/write only)
- IP Firewalling (this is to limit uploads from specific IP addresses for additional security)
- Additional permissions (upload portal, SFTP, SCP and Rsync as well as traditional FTP which is less secure)
Select Save Settings when happy, you can always come back and edit at any time.
Note - Additional Users that are created will not have admin access to Couchdrop or the Web UI unless they have Admin User enabled under the user settings.